Monday, September 10, 2012

Lots Going On

A few random pictures to summarize life:

We had a great flight to Seattle for our family vacation back in July. The girls thought riding in a plane was really cool. And I felt like we were rich. Seriously, flying with 3 kids=rich. Never mind the fact that we flew standby.
 These 3 really love each other. Emmalynne enjoys being Benjamin's mommy.
Clara turned thug. Ok, I just thought she looked hilarious. She has stickers on her cheeks and her baby. Soon after that I found stickers all over the floor. I thought the girls learned their lesson after peeling them off the floor for an hour. I guess I was wrong about that because the next night the babysitter proudly told me that she had cleaned up the house (despite it looking the same as I had left it). She explained how she took ALL the stickers off the couch. Really? After crying and whining for an hour about having too peel them off the floor, they still didn't learn? Then again, maybe they did-they didn't have to clean them!
 Benjamin has his 2 bottom teeth. He likes to roll his tongue over them.
 We had our traditional camping trip for our anniversary. Ok, so not very traditional. This year I was lame and really didn't want to go. Carman was sweet and improvised. We made a huge tent in the family room. The girls slept in it and I got to enjoy the comfort of my own bed. I only had to go downstairs twice in the middle of the night when Clara woke up and freaked out...
 Its been H-O-T! Seriously, click on this picture to see how red Emmalynne's face is. She was proud of herself. for learning how to spin down this part of the playground.
 On Labor Day afternoon we went swimming at my sisters. We started the day without pictures at our church 5K and breakfast. I was disappointed that Emmalynne wouldn't play at the park and I had to push her in a stroller. It wasn't even a jogging stroller. Blah.
Emmalynne gets to go to preschool twice a week. She was so excited. This was just outside the building on her first day. She feels like such a big girl and talks about "my preschool" all the time.
 This is the most recent picture of my big guy. He's 7 months old and the happiest little baby I've ever known. No joke. He's figuring out how to crawl. I suspect he'll get that down in the next week. I'm enticing him with balls that he feels the need to chase after. He finally sits up on his own without toppling over. He enjoys being included in the games the girls play. He gets super excited and bounces and kicks his legs.
 Sunday before church I heard the sound of paper being torn coming from the kitchen. If found the Clara sitting at the garbage can peeling a bulb of garlic. Emmalynne joined her. They kept themselves occupied for probably half an hour.
 I saw Clara using her teeth when she got frustrated. Here is their garlic loot. I'm not sure if Clara ate the pieces that are missing or spit them in the garbage. When they were done Emmalynne told me "garlic's too spicy." Sure it is... when you eat an entire bulb.
 Emmalynne has enjoyed taking pictures. She's gotten better at getting my whole head in the shot. She takes some pretty good ones some times. She took this one of me at the computer.

No comments: