Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Breathing Again

Brief summary of the past few days' events:

Wednesday: After expecting to close on our house sometime the end of this month, our realtor called and asked us to close on Friday.  We had until Monday to get out. I just didn't have it in me to say no. What if we would have lost our buyers?

Thursday: Panic set in. We went to find a place to rent. We had been eyeballing this particular house and we ended up getting it. The landlord is letting us do a two month contract which will automatically renew until we get a job and move to Colorado.

Friday: Close on our house! Absolutetly crazy. Then I went home and packed it up!

Saturday: We moved into our new rental. We had a lot of people show up to help us with our last minute move and we're so grateful! Just to throw a little excitement in, our moving truck broke down and it had to be towed (full of our stuff) to the new house. We had one load left at the old house and unfortunately couldn't get a truck to pick it up.

Sunday: After church we had another few amazing people help us get our last load. Its not something we wanted to do on a Sunday and we felt so aweful having to do it but were grateful for wonderful people willing to help us.

Now that our week has begun we've started unpacking and settling in. The girls have been a little more emotional than normal but they really do love the new house. Pictures to come.... as soon as I unpack the camera... :( No idea where I put it.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

So sorry it was so fast! Packing and moving is hard enough without having to do it last minute. I would be so worn out. Don't over do it. Wish I could have been there to help.

Christine said...

Oh my gosh, that's crazy! I'm glad it all worked out, though. Hopefully you guys can find something in Colorado soon, and then we'll come visit. :) Miss you!