Emmalynne got a few fresh eggs from her new school. She was so excited that she wanted to come home and carry them around all day. I wanted them to be put safely in the fridge. The best compromise we could come up with was to let her cook them. Clara got to crack the first egg. Success. Emmalynne was a bit too excited. She squeezed the egg so hard that it popped open and squirted all over her. None of it made it to the frying pan.
The best part was her reaction. She was covered in raw egg-arms, clothes, and leg. She laughed! She thought it was so funny that after I cleaned her up, she ran around showing everyone these 2 pictures.
It totally reminds me of a great story from when Benjamin was a baby, maybe 6 months old. We were at church and Emmalynne was holding Benjamin for me while I did something. He spit up. Right on her face. It wasn't a little either. When he spit up, he spit up good! It was so much that it was running down Emmalynne's face and forming a pool on her dress. Laura (and anyone else that saw) couldn't help but chuckle. And neither could Emmalynne! Laura asked her, "Did Benjamin spit up on you!?" She said, "Yes, and I like it!" Bahahaha! Laura asked her, "Do you want him to do it again?" Emmalynne said, "YES!!" No matter how many times I retold that story the next few weeks, and it was several, Emmalynne still thought it was hilarious and wanted it to happen again.

No comments:
Post a Comment