Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ensuing Madness

We had a little episode on Monday. Emmalynne and Clara went upstairs to play by themselves. For the most part, they're pretty good. This is the exception to the rule: Em poured an entire bottle of shampoo on Clara's head. Clara came screaming down the stairs. When I turned and looked at her, I really wanted to laugh. It was layered on thick! Her whole head was covered. I'm surprised she could breathe! And it happened to be bright red shampoo and she was still in her white pjs! If Clara weren't so sad I would have spent more than 10 seconds looking for the camera. :( A bath, a TON of rinsing, and a shop-vac later, all is well.

And after all that I believe the craziness is just beginning. Tonight my friend is dropping off her rambunctious 2 year old son that we'll be watching for a week. It was funny when the little boy's 9 year old sister asked me if I was scared. I said no and asked if I should be. She said, "well you should at least be nervous!"

And just half way into his visit, I'll get to taste the life of teenage parenting! My sister is going out of town on Saturday and we get to have her 3 kids come over for the week. Jared and Zach weren't exactly thrilled until they realized Carman is out of school right now and they get to play games with him. Whatever made Carman so much cooler than me!?

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Wow you are going to have a busy week. Have fun! Breath. Don't try to do too much.

Laura D said...

I think it is because he is a boy and you are a girl. Boys think boys are cooler to hang out with...for now...