Saturday, March 12, 2011
Just Because...
I'm a little crazy, we decided there had to be some sort of animal we could add to our madness. (FYI: We successfully rid our house of cats awhile ago.) So.... Carman thought it'd be fun to have a ferret. I didn't. They smell. I briefly considered: hamsters, rats, and guinea pigs. And finally we settled upon:
A sugar glider. Actually, we have two. They're very social animals and can get lonely without a buddy. They are nocturnal, which actually works out great with Louie. During the day they sleep either in their cage where he can't see them or in a little fleece pouch that we carry around like a purse. Thus, Louie doesn't go crazy all day wishing he could play with them. The picture below is actually when Carman fell asleep while holding them in their pouch. They're very unique little critters. They actually bond to you, similar to a dog. And they live for 10-15 years. Anyway-that's our latest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How wonderful! I have always wanted some. How much did they cost you? They are so soft and sweet.
I had never seen them before, but they sounds really interesting. I'm trying to refrain from saying I want one,but the words might slip out. I forgot their names.
What happened to the kitty??
Post a Comment