I'm not much of a New Years Resolution person. I always thought it was silly to set a goal just because it was a new year. Well, I've grown up a little bit and finally decided I would benefit from setting a New Years Resolution. So here it is:
Have Family Home Evening (FHE) every week.
We have been horrible at having FHE. We have tons of excuses. But no good ones. I've been thinking about it for a long time and was delighted when my sister-in-law sent me a link to a year's worth of FHE lessons based on this year's primary theme. They included everything: a lesson, a game, and a treat. It's exactly what we needed to get us going. I'm super excited.
Instead of the traditional Monday night, we have ours on Sunday due to Carman's schedule. So, last night was our first FHE this year! Clara paid little attention, as expected. Emmalynne was excellent! She really surprised me. She listened to our lesson and I even added more detail than I planned because she was paying attention so well. I'm sure it won't always be that easy but it was certainly a wonderful start.
*I couldn't get the link to load nicely, so if you want to see the year's worth of FHE lessons, you'll have to copy and paste this:
http://www.youpublish.com/files/34256/A-Years-Worth-of-FHE-Lessons--Based-on-LDS-2011-Primary-Outline
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the link! We're going to give these lessons a try. :) We finally made a regular FHE habit last year and the kids love it. Good luck and it's totally worth it! :)
As a little more incentive when the FHE program came out the promise was that those who had a weekly FHE would not lose their kids to the world. Just a thought, but a promise well worth it. Not even family scripture study and prayer have that kind of promise...not that you shouldn't do those to, just well anyway, I was just rying to emphasize the promise and it is totally back firing so I'll stop before I dig my hole any deeper. :)
Thanks for this post! I'm definitely going to use the link as a reference for our FHEs this year.
Post a Comment