Maybe its just our Wal-Mart, but... A while ago they started this really annoying thing where when you're leaving and you have anything thats not in a shopping bag, the so-called welcome crew asks to see your receipt. I know it only takes an extra second of my time but it really bugs me. I frequently go with my sister who fills up her 5 gallon jugs of water. Obviously, you can't bag those. They stop us every time. If you don't have the cashier bag your milk they'll ask to see your receipt on your way out. It doesn't matter that you have 15 other grocery bags in your cart! I've even tried walking really fast so they just ignore me. Never works. The new receipt police are on the job.
Last night my sister and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart. Laura purchased a fun-noodle (those big ones for the pool), a jug of juice, and a frozen pizza. We went through self check-out. She opted not to get a grocery bag. See where this is going?? Well next I bought a frozen pizza. That was it. Laura was nice enough to carry it for me since I was struggling to keep a hold of my 10 month, 21 lb wiggle-worm. Laura grabbed my receipt out of the machine for me and we were on our way-with no grocery bags!! We were ready to be stopped. Laura, very courteously, had the receipt ready and handed it to the receipt police/greeter. She looked it over, said "thanks," commented on Emmalynne's pigtails and Laura and I were on our way.
"...but she only showed her one receipt," I kept thinking. They didn't even notice we had an extra pizza! When we got to the car Laura told me what really happened. The ONE receipt she showed her was MY receipt! That's right, for one frozen pizza! We walked out with 2 frozen pizzas, juice, and a noodle with a receipt for one frozen pizza! Astonishing, really. We laughed until our cheeks hurt. Various comments were made: "What an idiot." "I can't believe she didn't even read it." "You actually showed her my receipt??" "That was like stealing..." "Yeah, like stealing but without the consequences." "Cool" Followed by more laughter.
I'm sure it didn't help that we were in one of those moods where you laugh at everything, from the way your 10 month old squishes all the bread in the bread isle to a sign posted on a tree offering to clean gutters. So, if you've read my whole post and deemed it retarded, try reading it when you're really, really tired!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think you need to tell the story about that sign! Great job on the post!
Post a Comment