Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Nice Schedule

Carman's been working for Canteen Vending for the past 4 months. Here is how a typical day goes for him:

4:00 a.m.--Hit the snooze.

4:09 a.m.--Hit the snooze again.

4:18 a.m.--Push that snooze one more time.

4:25 a.m.--Wake up to Sarah saying, "Will you please turn that alarm off before it goes off again?"

4:26 a.m.--Get out of bed and ready for work.

4:45 a.m.--Hussle out the door.

5:00 a.m.--Clock in at work.

5:45 p.m.--Clock out at work.

6:05 p.m.--Sneak in late to class.

8:50 p.m.--Class is over, time to head home!

9:10 p.m.--Get home, hug wife, start homework.

12:15 a.m.--Get ready for bed to start it all over in a few hours.


Long day, eh? My poor husband has been a trooper. A few weeks ago we were very disappointed to find out that the company was handing out pay cuts across the board. They said for Carman not to worry since they'd give him another route so he could make the same amount of money. Understanding his schedule, I'm sure you can see he didn't exactly have time to be given more work. Next thing I knew I received an email about a job offer at McKesson, Carman was applying, interviewing, and wa-bam! new job! Here's how his new typical day goes:

7:15 a.m.--Emmalynne starts crying.

7:18 a.m.--Carman goes to get her.

7:45 a.m.--Sarah finishes nursing and Carman feeds her baby cereal.

8:00 a.m.--Continue hanging out with family!

9:00 a.m.--Still hanging out with family!

10:00 a.m.--Homework time.

11:00 a.m.--Off to work.

8:15 p.m.--Home from work, homework time.

9:30 p.m.--Hang out with wife.

10:30 p.m.--Time for some real rest and relaxation!

*In case you noticed he doesn't go to class anymore, that's because (since it conflicts with his new work schedule) his nice teachers are letting him finish out the semester over the internet! Next semester he'll take morning classes.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a pretty rad trade off. Way to go!

Inspired said...

Good thing he has a wife to find him a new schedule that is so cushy. Also, I think that it is perfect just in time for the holidays...I'm telling you only a woman could have pulled off find her husband such an awesome job like that!

Autumn said...

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you guys. I know what it is like when your hubby that you love very much is gone so much that you hardly see him at all.